The Empower app will send you Cash Advances for up to $250^ which you repay once you get paid. Empower is based on a subscription model, so you’ll never pay interest or late fees on these Cash Advances.
What you need to know:
- Empower is a mobile banking, Cash Advance and saving app
- It costs a flat fee of $8 per month after a 14-day free trial period. No late fees, no interest, no credit checks. That's it.
- It is a great solution for people struggling with overdrafts
- Cash Advances: up to $250^ (for qualified members), that you will pay them back automatically when you receive your next direct deposit
- Cost: $8 per month fee. Don't worry, you have a 14-day free trial to decide whether you like it
- Eligibility: you must have a U.S.-based bank account, and you must earn a regular income (direct deposit) amongst other things. You don’t have to have good credit (or any credit) to qualify for the app
- A good solution for people struggling with overdrafts
How Empower Works
Empower is a mobile banking, Cash Advance and saving app that offers an innovative suite of personal finance solutions, including: Cash Advance, Interest Checking, Automatic Savings and Spend Tracking to enable Americans to make better financial decisions. Empower is an app that allows one user to connect one bank account to the app. If your connected account is eligible for a Cash Advance, you can accept the Cash Advance in-app, whenever you need the money.
Ideally, Empower will prevent you from paying NSF fees to your bank, plus you’ll be able to avoid most late fees and avoid taking on payday loans or credit card debt.
Once you repay the Cash Advance, if you need it again, you'll get it again as long as you satisfy the eligible criteria.Disclaimer: ^Eligibility requirements apply. Minimum direct deposits to an Empower Checking Account, among other conditions, are necessary to qualify for advances greater than $50. Free instant delivery is available for eligible Empower Checking Account customers. Banking services for new accounts provided by nbkc bank, Member FDIC.